[Lynx-dev] Old Lynx - copyright status?

From: Patrick
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Old Lynx - copyright status?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:53:46 -0700

I managed to find a copy of Lynx 2.0.9 some time ago, from 1992,
on the FilWatcher FTP search engine.  Won't compile for me [*many*
warnings, then a fatal error], but may be of historical interest
to some.  The source tarball is also just below 50webs' 500k
per-file limit, so I could put it there.

However, this version was released before it was placed under the
GPL.  So... whose permission do I need?  Do I need permission, or
has it already been given?

Thanks,

Patrick.
--
"God not only plays dice.  He sometimes
 throws the dice where they cannot be seen."