[Lynx-dev] Re: Google Mail trouble: `div' elements within `a' elements'

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: Google Mail trouble: `div' elements within `a' elements' bodies
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:25:50 +0700

 > At best this is highly risky use of partial URLs.  At worst it result
 > in the the "file" part of the base name being stripped.

        Fortunately, there's no ``file'' part in these URLs.  Consider:

https://mail.google.com/mail/h/STRING/?v=WORD&th=HEXNUMBER

 > I'd need to read the URI specifications very carefully here.  I don't
 > think the author did.

        While the deficiences of the HTML code you've also noted seem to
        me mostly valid, they aren't of that ``grave'' effect that
        including `div' where it isn't permitted per HTML 4.01 has.