Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: progress on dev.10

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: progress on dev.10
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:10:39 -0400

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 09:11:55PM -0300, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Thomas Dickey wrote:

>>> And there's another more serious, making the snapshot unusable.
>>>
>>> It compiles from srcdir, but when I run it, no links are accessible.
>>> And if I press "\":
>>
>> What's the url you're visiting?  (I've done lots of source-views, but
>> the data matters).
>
> http://www.lance.com.br/clubes/VASCO/ was one.
>
> And I can't access links on remote pages. It's like if I was accessing a
> text file, but with some colors. FTP links work.
>
> But it randomly changes in a session. I was accessing some sites. The
> above, for example, appeared like if it was a text file, later became
> normal, then stopped.

I made two small fixes, and it seems to work now.

        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx2.8.7dev.9k.patch.gz

Browsing around the page, I see a pre-existing problem with this url:

        http://www.lance.com.br/blogs_colunistas/bcolina/default.asp

The header says it's gzip, but the content doesn't appear to be that.
(Have we discussed this one before? - I recall a case like it - it works
with Content-Encoding set to "deflate").

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net