Re: [Lynx-dev] How to hack lynx so PRINT adds the doc's OWN url?

From: Robert Mortimer
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] How to hack lynx so PRINT adds the doc's OWN url?
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:44:27 +0100

Hi,

        You're not the only one, but it can be handled in the printer
definition/print command.

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, David Combs wrote:

> I've been asking for this for years now, that lynx's
> print-cmd includes somewhere the page's own url.
>
> Looks like, after all these years, I'm the only lynx-user
> who has a need for it to do this.
>
> Well, I really do need it.

You can do this in your printer definition I have a small script that
allows lynx users to e-mail themselves the page they're viewing by
selecting the correct printer:

So I have a printer defined as:

PRINTER:Mail to self with URL name:/bin/lprint %s %s:TRUE

And then the lprint command is the following script

#!/bin/ksh
urlname=$2
file=$1
subject="$urlname"
export urlname file subject
mailx -v -s "$subject" $user < $file

It should be simple enough to adapt soemthing like that for your
printer.

> Please -- could some lynx-sources-guru give me a patch
> to make it do that?  Would really be nice!
>
> Where to place it?
>
> Maybe down in "References", as reference # ZERO.
>
> Or maybe at the very top of the output, as it's first
> line?
>
> (Of course it'd be better to make it optional, but that sure
> involves a lot more code than a simple "do it each time"
> type of patch!)
>

> And, since that part of the code probably hasn't been changed
> for eons, the patch would likely work on a whole bunch of
> lynx versions, no?

Doesn't need any change, just the right printer definition.

--
Robm
873