Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: progress on dev.10

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: progress on dev.10
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:28:43 -0400

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 04:51:34AM -0300, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>> Browsing around the page, I see a pre-existing problem with this url:
>>
>>      http://www.lance.com.br/blogs_colunistas/bcolina/default.asp
>>
>> The header says it's gzip, but the content doesn't appear to be that.
>> (Have we discussed this one before? - I recall a case like it - it works
>> with Content-Encoding set to "deflate").
>
> I don't remember, but reported one or two things related to compression,
> that you fixed.

I see the problem with this now - lynx does a GET for HTTP 1.0, and
that server responds with an HTTP 1.1, and proceeds to send that using
chunked gzip's.  (A few years ago we had a bug report which was like
that - seems that the problem was the server, which didn't want to
talk HTTP 1.0).

I'll look into making lynx recognize the chunks...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net