Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx for Linux

From: Stefan Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx for Linux
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:50:33 -0400

>On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Philip Webb <address@hidden> wrote:
>I need to recompile Lynxwith USE_PERSISTENT_COOKIES  I'm trying to figure it
>out, but I >am pretty clueless here.I use Linux Mint and have ever only
>installed software on Linux with >their software portal.You can see a post I
>made about this at http://www.linuxmint

assuming they provide gcc you can do this in a shell

ftp lynx.isc.org
user ftp
cd current
get lynx-cur.tgz
quit

tar zxf lynx-cur.tgz
cd lynx*

type

./configure --help | grep -i persist
for the correct option for persistent cookies, or just read through it
./configure --help | more
and choose what you want included

then do

./configure && make && make install

the docs directory, lhfb, and the contextual help provided will get you going.

--
Stefan

---
Stefan Caunter