Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx for Linux

From: Stefan Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx for Linux
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:58:21 -0400

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thomas Dickey dixit:
>
>> the persistent cookies
>> option is turned on by default - for quite a while).

we should make a note to change lynx.cfg to indicate it is compiled in
and available and just needs to be activated in either .lynxrc or
lynx.cfg (it seems to suggest that both need to be done as I read the
second sentence below).

.h2 PERSISTENT_COOKIES
# PERSISTENT_COOKIES indicates that cookies should be read at startup from
# the COOKIE_FILE, and saved at exit for storage between Lynx sessions.
# It is not used if Lynx was compiled without USE_PERSISTENT_COOKIES.
# The default is FALSE, so that the feature needs to be enabled here
# explicitly if you want it.
#
#PERSISTENT_COOKIES:FALSE