Re: [Lynx-dev] [bug] lynx eats the first '\n' in gopher

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [bug] lynx eats the first '\n' in gopher
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 06:48:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008, Paul Irofti wrote:

I tried browsing the source for this and submiting a patch, but it
seemed a bit hard, thought I'd mention it to you first.

The problem is that the frist line in a gopher page gets concatenated
with the second. I was wondering how that might be fixed. To test this
open the link in my sig for example with lynx 2.8.5.

this sounds like

2008-04-27 (2.8.7dev.9)
* pass a newline after the start of PRE-section in HTGopher.c to force the
  first newline between records to be seen and cause the lines to split
  (report by Ciprian Dorin Craciun) -TD

Further info:
$ dmesg | head
OpenBSD 4.4-current (GENERIC) #1051: Wed Sep 17 13:02:28 MDT 2008
   address@hidden:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
cpu0: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz ("GenuineIntel" 686-class) 2.80 GHz
cpu0:
FPU,V86,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,SBF,CNXT-ID,xTPR
real mem  = 1064333312 (1015MB)
avail mem = 1020694528 (973MB)

$ lynx --version
Lynx Version 2.8.5rel.4 (25 Oct 2005)
libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, OpenSSL 0.9.8h

If you need more info just mail me, or if you have a patch to test.

--
Everything is simple, we're stupid.
gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/1/users/bulibuta