Re: [Lynx-dev] Colourisation bug in 2.8.6rel.5 Solaris SPARC

From: MJ
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Colourisation bug in 2.8.6rel.5 Solaris SPARC
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:16:03 -0500

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, TD wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, MJ wrote:
>
>> The most recent stable version, 2.8.6rel.5 was released as a package
>> or Solaris 8-10 on SunFreeware.com on November 21, 2008 (thanks Steve).
>>
>>     Run on Solaris 8 with -term:xtermc, the colourisation is initialised
>
> xtermc is almost certainly incorrect for any use - see
>
>      http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html#xterm_terminfo

An awesome FAQ TD, but you do actually say there that colour works.

The following lynx.cfg is what I'm using to attempt to match the colours
doing a telnet://lynx.scramworks.net from a dtterm or vt300 series
declared as a dtterm:

#COLOR:0:default:default
COLOR:1:gray:default
#COLOR:2:brown:default
#COLOR:3:nocolor:nocolor
COLOR:4:brightred:default
#COLOR:5:brightblue:default
COLOR:6:lightgray:blue
#COLOR:7:lightgray:default

On a dtterm declared as dtterm to lynx 2.8.6rel.5 on Solaris SPARC 8, the
screen fills with underlines columns 1-80 on all 24 lines with black bg.

On a decterm declared as dtterm to lynx 2.8.6rel.5, the screen fills with
flashing symbols from the multilanguage character set.

Using either a decterm or dtterm on lynx 2.8.6, declaring the terminal as
xtermc or xterm-color looks great -- it's just that you have to go into
options scroll through to the lynx.cfg then scroll-down to reload.

Is there anything I can do about this or the SSL problem please?  TIA -MJ.