Re: [Lynx-dev] Colourisation bug in 2.8.6rel.5 Solaris SPARC

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Colourisation bug in 2.8.6rel.5 Solaris SPARC
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 20:22:48 -0500

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 03:16:03PM -0500, MJ wrote:
> On a dtterm declared as dtterm to lynx 2.8.6rel.5 on Solaris SPARC 8, the
> screen fills with underlines columns 1-80 on all 24 lines with black bg.
>
> On a decterm declared as dtterm to lynx 2.8.6rel.5, the screen fills with
> flashing symbols from the multilanguage character set.

This is possibly also due to not using the configure script - though
perhaps not.  One of the ways this can happen is by letting the compiler
see the wrong curses.h file (for instance /usr/include/curses.h rather
than the one for ncurses - noting that the executable is linked with
ncurses).  In the configure script, I do _try_ to make this work, though
that can be thwarted by environment variable settings, etc.

> Using either a decterm or dtterm on lynx 2.8.6, declaring the terminal as
> xtermc or xterm-color looks great -- it's just that you have to go into
> options scroll through to the lynx.cfg then scroll-down to reload.
>
> Is there anything I can do about this or the SSL problem please?  TIA -MJ.

I'd give up on the package and just compile my own...

(I'm assuming that if you can install a package, then you've got
the diskspace for gcc, etc).

If that's hard, you can forward the bug report to sunfreeware and
if Steve's got time to discuss it with me, I can help him tune his
build scripts.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net