[Lynx-dev] LYNX: more on ^n and ^p "?"-doc re "scrolling"

From: David Combs
Subject: [Lynx-dev] LYNX: more on ^n and ^p "?"-doc re "scrolling"
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 13:40:00 -0500

The reason I sent the prior suggestion (doc-change) is that
I wanted to scroll a page line by line until what I wanted
to grab ("copy"-key) from the screen filled it just right.

So I looked at the ?-help, searched for "scroll" -- saw only
what explicitly said "scroll", and was about to make a suggestion
that lynx add a vi-like ^n and ^p to do that -- then noticed
lynx already had those two keys, so I actually tried them,
and only then noticed that indeed they actually did scroll --
once hitting the top or bottom.

That's why I made the doc-change suggestion.  It is needed,
I believe.

Thanks!

David

PS: I guess the manual should say the same thing?