[Lynx-dev] Odd lynx behavior

From: John Desmond
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Odd lynx behavior
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 00:26:53 -0500

Hi.

I was testing some commands while making a shell script and came
across an odd behavior that I can't find an explanation for.

If I use the "lynx -dump" command on a non-existent "htm" file,
it pulls down what appears to be a page on mynewslink.com

If it's a non-existent "html" file, I get a page from Wannafind.dk

I can't find any reference to lynx having a default for these sites
and I can't find any stored data on my system that contains these
URLs. Is this correct behavior?

I'm using version 2.8.6-r2 on Linux (Gentoo) 2.6.25-r7

-John