Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx iconv for Solaris

From: Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx iconv for Solaris
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 17:21:18 +0900

Thorsten Glaser-san wrote (12/24/08 03:30 AM):
Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center dixit:

Solaris iconv is implemented in libc so I modified
CF_ARG_ENABLE(japanese-utf8) in configure.in however autoconf doesn't

Your configure patch is bogus, but it'll be regenerated anyway.

What do you mean this?
My patch won't break other platforms.

However, some libiconv have iconv_open instead of or in addition
to libiconv_open, this should be reminded.

You didn't understand my patch.
Solaris libc doesn't have libiconv_open os it should be removed.
That's why I put 'case $ac_cv_target' in configure.in.

I'm working on the Solaris development.
I'm asking my patch to be integrated into the lynx trunk.

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/jds/spec-files-other/trunk/patches/lynx-01-g11n-iconv.diff

Solaris has iconv in libc so we don't integrate GNU iconv.
Many other applications, GNOME apps, w3m and others works with Solaris iconv.

fujiwara

//mirabilos