Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx iconv for Solaris

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx iconv for Solaris
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 06:41:37 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008, Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center wrote:

Thorsten Glaser-san wrote (12/24/08 03:30 AM):
Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center dixit:

Solaris iconv is implemented in libc so I modified
CF_ARG_ENABLE(japanese-utf8) in configure.in however autoconf doesn't

Your configure patch is bogus, but it'll be regenerated anyway.

What do you mean this?
My patch won't break other platforms.

The comment was poorly worded.  (I'm the person who reviews and merges
patches). If I'd commented on it, I might have said something like "the patch for aclocal.m4 is sufficient" - particularly if the configure script were re-generated, which would lead to a large difference with line-numbers. Since the patch was short, there was no reason to comment, and since I'm currently working on lynx, it's likely to be a "short" time til I get to this one, and add the change in, etc.

However, some libiconv have iconv_open instead of or in addition
to libiconv_open, this should be reminded.

You didn't understand my patch.

I did - it was something I hadn't noticed (recently enough to recall).
Given that change, then I'm curious to see how portable it is (whether
other platforms can use the same change).

Solaris libc doesn't have libiconv_open os it should be removed.
That's why I put 'case $ac_cv_target' in configure.in.

I'm working on the Solaris development.
I'm asking my patch to be integrated into the lynx trunk.

( thanks for the patch ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net