Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx iconv for Solaris

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx iconv for Solaris
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 18:31:38 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

>> Thorsten Glaser-san wrote (12/24/08 03:30 AM):

>>> Your configure patch is bogus, but it'll be regenerated anyway.
>>
>> What do you mean this?

> If I'd commented on it, I might have said something like "the patch
> for aclocal.m4 is sufficient"

Besides that, the configure patch did something else than the
aclocal.m4 patch.

> Given that change, then I'm curious to see how portable it is (whether
> other platforms can use the same change).

That was the idea. Maybe check for both functions, use one of them
if both are available (probably the lib* one, to preserve compati-
bility with current Lynx behaviour), otherwise the one available.

FWIW, MirOS uses Citrus iconv (but that's about all we use from
said project...)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant