Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx iconv for Solaris

From: Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx iconv for Solaris
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 04:23:03 +0900

Thorsten Glaser-san wrote (12/26/08 03:31 AM):
Thomas Dickey dixit:

Thorsten Glaser-san wrote (12/24/08 03:30 AM):

Your configure patch is bogus, but it'll be regenerated anyway.
What do you mean this?

If I'd commented on it, I might have said something like "the patch
for aclocal.m4 is sufficient"

Besides that, the configure patch did something else than the
aclocal.m4 patch.

Given that change, then I'm curious to see how portable it is (whether
other platforms can use the same change).

That was the idea. Maybe check for both functions, use one of them
if both are available (probably the lib* one, to preserve compati-
bility with current Lynx behaviour), otherwise the one available.

FWIW, MirOS uses Citrus iconv (but that's about all we use from
said project...)

The main problem is we Sun doesn't add GNU iconv because Solaris has iconv in
libc.
If my patch is not applied, lynx doesn't work in Solaris for locales.
Currently I apply my patch for Solaris build to support i18n and I think it makes sense to upstream the patch into lynx trunk with your helps not to have the different codes at Sun.

bye,
//mirabilos