Re: screenshot with rendering Was:Re: [Lynx-dev] No rendering of http://

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: screenshot with rendering Was:Re: [Lynx-dev] No rendering of http://www.google.de
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:31:02 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008, Y P wrote:

Hi,
cf. attach;
tested with a very old Lynx 2.8.4 on a Debian o s:
it works.

The problem that I'm aware of doesn't depend on the version of lynx, but on the mime.types file (which is updated for various packages). I don't know whether it's solely the size of that file, or some performance improvement common to the servers, but it became an issue a few years ago.

In my current version that would make it send "Accept" headers more than 3000 bytes. Some servers are known to choke on headers above 1000 bytes (and I seem to recall one report with about 500 bytes).

You can see the "Accept" lines in the trace file generated by lynx's "-trace" option.

(attach)