[Lynx-dev] Re: media types

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: media types
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 17:37:15 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Dickey dixit:

> someone reported a problem with a site that was sending gzip where it
> stated deflate - seems that was about a year ago.

Couldn’t that be special-cased? Check if a stream advertised as “deflate”
starts with 1F 08, handle it as gzip instead. Maybe warn the user, but
that warning would be at least as annoying as the google invalid cookies…

I could try to dig out the site unless you have it handy, then hack some
code to do that, if you desire.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt