Re: [Lynx-dev] Incorrect display in lynx2.8.7dev.12

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Incorrect display in lynx2.8.7dev.12
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:19:29 -0500

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 06:54:16PM -0800, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> There is one line on the options page which doesn't display correctly in
> either my mingw or DJGPP build. Both are using PDCurses. This is only
> seen when set to "Links and Form Fields are numbered". The 11th link on
> the page, Keypad mode, duplicates the last letter of the field, before
> the closing bracket. The duplicated letter is not highlighted when the
> cursor is on that field. This is seen with different languages also (in
> English an extra "d"; in German an extra "n").
>
> Is this a new problem, or an old problem which just hasn't been fixed
> yet?

This might be an old problem not yet fixed.  I did fix one instance in
this area in dev.12 - to check, you might want to compare with dev.11

The fix I made applies to UTF-8 display, and was tested with ncurses:

* fix an off-by-one difference between UTF-8/non-UTF-8 comparisons in
  HText_appendCharacter() which would leave an extra character wrapped in some
  cases, e.g., in the options menu when field-numbering was turned on -TD

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net