Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.7dev.12

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.7dev.12
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:32:10 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Thomas Dickey dixit:

I see (referring to the bookmarks).  What I'm seeing is that the
bookmark seems to be saved to the file properly, but is not showing
up on the screen.  (The CJK example that I used is both saved properly
and displaying properly).  Is that what you are referring to?

Somewhat.

I have a bookmark file containing bookmarks with Unicode („“ü– and others).
It doesn’t display correctly.

I have another(!) local file containing the swapped-out older bookmarks,
which does also not display correctly. So, I assume UTF-8 displaying in
_at least_ local files (not just bookmarks) is broken.

That sounds like what I'm seeing (was mostly looking at CJK, since it has the most problems...). I'll take a look to see which part of dev.12 broke it - perhaps a small fix is all that's needed.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net