Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx localization

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx localization
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:38:49 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Eugeny Sattler wrote:

Hello everybody,
can you pls help me to make lynx display curillic pages in cyrillic
letters and not in latin equivalents?
I am using lynx for win32 , downloaded from
http://www.flashfictiononline.com/other/lynx-win32-main-ly285r1.zip
My OS is WinXP

a windows copy of lynx 2.8.5 would be using 8-bit character sets
(no Unicode).  So that means it could work if your console window
is loaded with a corresponding codepage - I  don't know which that
would be (perhaps you know).

If the codepage is setup, you "should" be able to set the display
character set in the options menu to match what the display does.

I'm not certain whether PDCurses handles the codes in 128-159
for this case, though it's reasonably likely.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net