[Lynx-dev] Problem: mistake: "cut" not url or string, but multi-line blo

From: David Combs
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Problem: mistake: "cut" not url or string, but multi-line block, & paste-into lynx ==> HORRORS!
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:02:45 -0500

Suppose that in lynx I'm entering a field, eg a search-string
for google.

Often, I "cut" the string from somewhere in MY computer, and
then "paste" it into the search-string field (in google,
via lynx).

Works fine, saves much effort and avoids much mis-typing.

HOWEVER, sometimes I screw up with the mouse in the "cut" part,
getting FAR more than I'd intended, eg a whole paragraph or
whatever.

Then, when I paste in THAT -- well, seems like lynx starts
trying to take it as lynx-commands and key-strokes.

It's horrible -- lynx starts going here and there, and
doesn't stop for maybe five minutes.

(Of course a Control-C would work just fine, but maybe
I don't want to lose the history etc I've already built up.

"Z" seems useless too -- probably goes to the end of
all that stuff I mistakenly pasted-in.

ANYWAY -- would be nice if there was a user-settable
mode that, were you to enter more than a line of stuff,
it'd ask

   "are you SURE you want to enter ALL THAT --
            17 lines (953 chars) of stuff?  (yes or no)".

Question: would ANYONE ELSE find such an option useful?

Thanks!

David