Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem: mistake: "cut" not url or string, but multi-line

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem: mistake: "cut" not url or string, but multi-line block, & paste-into lynx ==> HORRORS!
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:46:05 +0000 (UTC)

David Combs dixit:

>Often, I "cut" the string from somewhere in MY computer, and
>then "paste" it into the search-string field (in google,
>via lynx).

It's an input field, no textarea. Expected behaviour.
(Multi-field pastes don’t work well with textfields-need-activation either.)

>   "are you SURE you want to enter ALL THAT --
>            17 lines (953 chars) of stuff?  (yes or no)".
>

>Question: would ANYONE ELSE find such an option useful?

No. Lynx is already too “slow”, especially with certain search
engines putting “invalid” cookie paths there, and the mandatory
some-seconds delay (which you can turn off or reduce, but only
globally, not per kind of message, AFAIK).

//mirabilos
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of