Re: [Lynx-dev] -dump/-source vrs .newsauth: bug or feature?

From: aw585
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] -dump/-source vrs .newsauth: bug or feature?
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 17:21:30 GMT

> On Sun, 10 May 2009, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> The problem is from the SSL patch which I applied in 2001 (it just happens
> that the result from reading the news article contains a rubout 255
> code, which is being sign-extended to a -1, which lynx then sees as an
> EOF - end of file).
>
> Here's a fix:
>
> --- WWW/Library/Implementation/HTNews.c 2009/01/01 17:00:01     1.58

It worked fine!
Applied it to a build from Debian source packages.
I was ignorant/confused about the format you posted,
I thought it was a for patch, didn't seem to find the combination
of switches that worked, so I just put it in by hand!  :-)
Think this is the first time I've built Lynx from source.

Thanks, Dallas E. Legan II / address@hidden / address@hidden
http://isthereanotherquestion.blogspot.com
"Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!"
        - "At the Mountains of Madness", H.P.