Re: [Lynx-dev] predictable PRNG used

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] predictable PRNG used
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:39:01 +0000 (UTC)

Michael S. Gilbert dixit:

>> Actually, it *could* be linked against libbsd.
>
>i've just checked.  at least on debian, lynx has no dependency on
>the libbsd0 package, so it is thus not using it's arc4random.

Yeah, I meant that as a suggestion to Atsuhito (I hope I spelled
that right from the back of my head).

But back to improvements - are the OpenSSL and *shudder* GnuTLS
RAND_* functions self-seeding on GNU/Linux? They could be used
if Lynx is built with SSL support anyway and arc4random is not
available. (I'd prefer arc4random though...)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“mysql is about as much database as ms access” – “MSSQL at least descends
from a database” “it's a rebranded SyBase” “MySQL however was born from a