[Lynx-dev] Cannot get 2.8.8dev1 to display utf-8

From: Jasper
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Cannot get 2.8.8dev1 to display utf-8
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 18:01:43 +0200

Hi, I compiled and use version 2.8.8dev1 without problems.

But.... it won't do utf-8.

The former version I used is 2.8.7dev4 packaged as lynx-cur by Debian
(-Etch). This version displays messages in dutch language ( not sure how
that is done ).

Starting both lynxes with exactly the same configuration give different
results on these testfiles:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~loopje/test/

( It is the "RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK" that goes wrong, the u-umlaut
is ok. )

Any clue's ? Should I change something in the compiletime options ?

Thanks, --Jasper.