Re: [Lynx-dev] other .lynxrc files

From: aw585
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] other .lynxrc files
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 23:02:16 GMT

Thanks to all the people who responded helping me the other week.

Some thoughts:

1) Never occured to me to alter HOME in the environment lynx ran
  in, but this basicly solved the main issue.

2) experimenting with using '-' to reroute where switches and such
   were read from I realized that lynx allows mixing them up
   with the URL in just about any order - Unix style (switches/parameters
   first then URL/file), Dos style (URL/file first then switches/parameters)
   etc..

3) In fact, the only thing that seemed to be order dependent was
   that -get_data/-post_data needed to be last, preceeding any data,
   if you are going to include them in a here document with the other
   stuff.

Maybe I'm easily amazed!  :-)

Should 'HOME' be listed with the 'ENVIRONMENT' section of the
man page, or is this too mundane?
Would it be good to indicate some options after the URL
in the man page SYNOPSIS?

Regards, Dallas E. Legan II / address@hidden / address@hidden
http://isthereanotherquestion.blogspot.com
"Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!"