Re: [Lynx-dev] I need the install ok lynx

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] I need the install ok lynx
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 20:35:12 +0100

Philip Webb wrote:
091005 address@hidden wrote:
i need for my computer but i cant download
please send me to this mail: address@hidden

Do you want it for M$ Windows or for Linux ?
Do you have 'unzip' or 'tar' in your system ?
I need to know these things in order to send you the correct file.

Which viruses and spyware would you like with it?! You should never install software sent by email, from a stranger. Software is either easily fetchable from well known trustworthy sites (e.g. Lynx) or is not supposed to be redistributed (most commercial software).

At one time there were a lot of people that were on email but not on the internet. That doesn't really apply now, but if you country is an exception, I expect you will find that they have FTP to email gateways, as used to exist about 15 years ago, more generally.

However, Lynx is of relatively limited use if you don't have internet access.

--
David Woolley