[Lynx-dev] The form data vanishes

From: aw585
Subject: [Lynx-dev] The form data vanishes
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:51:14 GMT

I'm attempting to add some automation to repetitively
interacting with a CGI form.

In a bash shell (this isn't the problem, just giving some background):

#!/bin/bash

while  read  ....
do

lynx - <<STEP
-dump
-post_data
---
STEP

done

The output from lynx generates html with a CGI form, with some
initial values in the form input fields resulting from the POST data.
By changing the -dump to -source and examining the output,
I know that the data is being generated.
But when using -dump, the fields show up as blank.
For various reasons, at this stage I'm just interested in inspecting
this data, so -dump is prefered to -source.
I've tried various things with toggling values of -underscore,
-with_backspaces and such with no success.
Anyway, perhaps someone on this list can immediately
spot what I'm doing wrong, or identify this as some bug/feature with lynx.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards, Dallas E. Legan II / address@hidden / address@hidden
http://isthereanotherquestion.blogspot.com
"Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!"