Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: support for data: URI scheme, please?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: support for data: URI scheme, please?
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 08:35:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010, Ivan Shmakov wrote:

Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> writes:
Ivan Shmakov wrote:

>> I wonder, is there a chance to get the data: URI scheme supported?

> with a patch, I guess so.

        ACK.  Since it's not a high priority task for me, I'd probably
        ask my students to try their skills at it first.

> It's not syntactically similar to xml or html, so parsing and
> rendering it would be a fair amount of work.

        Huh?  After decoding Base64, it's expected to be anything that
        was encoded, be it XML, HTML, plain text, or whatever else.

I'm talking about the parsing of the tag (perhaps I'm not seeing how simple it is), as well as providing a stream for rendering (lynx's notion of that is a little crude).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net