Re: [Lynx-dev] lss and anchor elements

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lss and anchor elements
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:00:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Ed Hurst wrote:

Using Lynx 2.8.7 compiled on CentOS 5.4 using SRPM from the latest Fedora release: Having made some adjustments to the default lynx.lss, I find in documents which use self-closing anchors, lynx does not turn off the 'a:' attribute color.

To wit: <a id="Name" name="Name" />

The color specified in the lss continues for all characters following this anchor within a longer document. The only way I can get Lynx to turn it off is with a specific closing:

<a id="Name" name="Name"></a>

However, I don't control most documents on the web, and I run into this too often to ignore it. Is there a way to convince Lynx to not apply coloring after such anchors? I've browsed the code but I'm not a coder, so I really didn't know what to look for.

Apologies if this has already been addressed, as I've not seen it covered elsewhere.

This might help (in lynx.cfg):

.h2 XHTML_PARSING # # XHTML_PARSING - HTML parsing # When true, tells lynx that it can ignore certain tags which have no content # in an XHTML 1.0 document. For example # <p /> # <a /> # When the option is false, lynx will not treat the tag as an ending. #XHTML_PARSING:FALSE

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net