Re: [Lynx-dev] looking for software shown below on http://de.wikipedia.o

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] looking for software shown below on http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Lynx_Browser_2.png
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 06:52:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 21 May 2010, Carsten Neumann wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am looking for a German or a German download page available at Lynx. I need

That appears to be lynx, built with ncurses (or ncursew), with nls enabled, running in xterm (or uxterm...). For that arrangement, it's sufficient to set the locale (e.g., LC_ALL) to get the German messages.

For Windows (it's been a while since anyone commented on 16-bits other than DJGPP), the program is generally built with PDCurses, or s-lang.
I recall that some people on this list have built the version with nls
enabled using DJGPP (I've not done that).  There are some binaries here

        http://lynx.isc.org/current/#binary_w32

The first may be useful, for instance.

the program for Windows (16 or 32 bit) and, if it gives different versions, including DOS, if that is supported. Unfortunately, I'm lack of linguistic knowledge is not able to find a German version, although one must give, as the screen printing of the free shows.

I would therefore ask you a question, send me a suitable web reference (if possible, no direct references, but a navigable page, so I keep track of what it still exists).

Thank you for your efforts. I apologize for the imperfect automatic Google translation.

Yours sincerely,
Carsten Neumann
Carsten Neumann
Herbartstraße 29