Re: [Lynx-dev] maclynx -- utf8-ignore and/or update...

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] maclynx -- utf8-ignore and/or update...
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:25:19 -0700

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 20:53:11 +0200
Tom Kraft wrote:

> hello patrick,

Hi.  :-)

> I have tried your advice and and it works just fine, at least when your
> expectations are as modest as mine. as you said in a later post, it adds
> another step before you can see what interests you but I don't mind. It
> is surprising enough that there is a browser so old that bridges the
> http1.0 to http1.1 gap.
> Just being curious: what does O1G1 mean?

[Ol]iver [G]utknecht's [1]st release, I think.  The second
character is a lower-case L.

It's the four-character application code for MacLynx [so it's
basically sending an AppleEvent to itself, to open the file].
Downloader definitions in lynx.cfg use them, but only on the Mac,
so you could have;

DOWNLOADER:Open with SimpleText:ttxt:TRUE
DOWNLOADER:Open with BBEdit:R*ch:TRUE
DOWNLOADER:Open with GraphicConverter:GKON:TRUE

...etc.

On other systems, Lynx uses the command's full name.

DOWNLOADER:Open with Mousepad:mousepad %s:TRUE

[The `%s' represents the path-name of the file.  If you forget
this it only launches the program, without opening the file.]

> you are very critical about the update you created then. I am still
> curious and I would give it a try if you could spare a copy.

If I can find it...

Sorry, I did get your message the other day [off-list] and went
looking for it.  I still have a Mac, still use it sometimes, but
can't remember where I left things now.

If I can't find the .sit archive I'll just pack up a new one [I
still have the program] and post a link.  Be right back.

> many thanks
>
> tom_k

No problem,

Patrick.
--
furbling, v.:
        Having to wander through a maze of ropes at an airport or