Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx: Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection a

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx: Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 05:09:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010, Thomas Dickey wrote:

....but it doesn't look usable for a -dump, since the option is initialized from the compiled-in definition in userdefs.h, and allows
overriding in interactive mode.

hmm - no (I was still making my before/after testing match up).
If it's saved to .lynxrc by using the enable_lynxrc feature, then
the user-agent isn't sent in a dump.  On the whole, adding a command-line
option is preferable to disabling user-agent for an indefinite period...

....further than that, I did find something odd - it stopped connecting
in that special case.  So I continued debugging and found a case where
an error-state wasn't being cleared.  At the moment, it's working (with
ongoing changes).

...further investigation found this is an known intermittent problem with GNUTLS itself (and dev.4's due RSN, so I'll continue looking for a work around in dev.5).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net