[Lynx-dev] Are Cookies Working Correctly in Lynx 2.8?

From: Owen Leibman
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Are Cookies Working Correctly in Lynx 2.8?
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 22:35:30 -0700 (PDT)

Cookies don’t seem to be working as I would expect for lynx-cur (2.8.something)
on ubuntu (10.4). The problem is demonstrated in the attached cookie file – the
complete file name which created the cookie is stored rather than the
directory, so other pages in that directory do not see the cookie. After
noticing this problem, I did a complete build from source for 2.8.*, and saw
the same problem. When I did a complete build from source for 2.7.*, there was
no longer a problem – cookies behaved as I expected. The first line of the
cookies file shows a 2.8 cookie incorrectly stored (from localhost); the next 5
show a 2.7 cookie correctly stored; the final line shows a 2.8 cookie
incorrectly stored (from the web, just in case there was something special
about localhost which triggered the error). I apologize for being a bit vague
about the release numbers; my daughter has taken that PC away to school with
her, so I don’t have immediate access to it,
 but can get more exact details if needed.