Re: [Lynx-dev] Bobcat TEXT Browser BUG

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Bobcat TEXT Browser BUG
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:51:34 +0000 (UTC)

MarkA dixit:

> RE: IBM PC-XT, NEC V30 8086, DRDOS 6.0, Bobcat versions 01 through 08.

Impressive. I also have DR DOS lying around here, but didn’t have any
network back when I used DOS exclusively… (Internet came late here).
Lynx 2-4-2 based õÕ

> What I've noticed with all tested Bobcat versions is that it hiccups on the
> TYCOS.COM home page!  It reports, "THIS FILE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED ON THIS
> TERMINAL."  You should be able to confirm this by launching the "Search Sites"
> link on Bobcats home page, then give "Search LYCOS" a go on the Forms page.

Lycos is so full of things like ECMAscript that it won’t work right in
Lynx proper either. (It will display but not in a usable way, and many
controls won’t work.)

I suspect that its rendering goes beyond 8086 architecture limits in
terms of, for example, memory use.

//mirabilos, wondering whether to DOS TCP/IP in qemu
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt