Re: [Lynx-dev] rev=made and identifying page author

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] rev=made and identifying page author
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:05:57 +0100

Stephen Paul Weber wrote:

I'm interested to know if anyone is aware of the history behind the rev=made
feature in lynx?  The current implementation violates HTML in a couple of
ways:

I think it was in an early HTML standard, but dropped because of a total failure to implement it in the then mainstream browsers. Instead they introduced meta, which has no web semantics. My own theory is that meta was basically introduced to allow Word to dump its meta data into web page exports, without any real thought about what the word "web" really means.

--
David Woolley