Re: [Lynx-dev] "-underscore" not working

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] "-underscore" not working
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:57:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, siznax wrote:

On 10/31/10 1:06 PM, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, siznax wrote:
so, is this a bug? or can i change my config somehow as a

color-style is a compile-time feature (you'd have to recompile lynx to
change it). If you need advice on this, this is the place to ask...

ok thanks, i may try that, but other tools give more
satisfying results than lynx -dump for preserving
formatting by default, but Lynx seems to give the most
"readable" result (outside of the spacing issues).

i'd be more interested in pursuing this if it were a bug,
and there were a possibility of having -underscore in a
future release for all my lynxen where recompilation
is problematic.

perhaps the documentation is misleading?

 -underscore
     toggles use of _underline_ format in dumps.

It's misleading in the sense that it was a difference between the original
and color-style (which might be something that could be added to
color-style).  I'll check on that.

For the non-dump case, lynx with the color-style can be setup to
look much like the original configuration.  Given that, and that
the color-style looks nicer, I changed the compile-time default.

btw, is there a way to force double-spacing of line breaks,

no... lynx is storing chunks of lines in buckets no bigger than 1024.

(it's "possible" to recompile with a bigger bucket-size, but not
well-tested)

aw. a "no_wrap" option (width=-1 ?) would be so great.

yes, but that memory organization is embedded in a lot of places...
I might tackle that sometime, but it's not a simple thing to change.

i'm interested in getting Markdown compatible output. so
far, this is proving difficult.

/siznax

--
Thomas E. Dickey