Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx2.8.8dev.6

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx2.8.8dev.6
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 20:07:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010, Thomas Dickey wrote:

 On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:42:31AM -0200, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> >  The text in the edit area should be displayed as
> >  [quote][i]Mensagem original enviada por X[/i]
>  [quote][i]Mensagem original enviada por Y[/i]
>  [quote][i]Mensagem original enviada por Z[/i]
> >  and so on. but something is making it only use two lines:
> >  [quote][i]Mensagem original enviada por X[/i]
> [quote][i]Mensagem original enviada por Y[/i] [quote][i]Mensagem > original enviada por Z[/i]
> >  It works fine in a dev.4 build from August 15 (probably with the
>  latest, at the time, /temp patch).

 I can reproduce this (thanks)

I put a fix for this and the other fix in

ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx2.8.8dev.6a.patch.gz

(it includes some minor formatting changes I've made while working on indent over the past few weeks, as well as an old bug-fix that Paul Mahol reminded me about).

Thanks for your work. I can confirm both now work as expected.

I just don't understand why the segfault happened here and not on your installations.

It didn't occur to me til today - last night I was just trying to pinpoint the error at the end of a long day.

The code in LYLocal.c can execute external commands or internal. Removing a file can be done either way. In my lynx.cfg customizations, I'd cancelled the pathnames of the external programs for some forgotten testing to support the win32 port, e.g., by adding

CHMOD_PATH:
COPY_PATH:
MKDIR_PATH:
MV_PATH:
RMDIR_PATH:
RM_PATH:
TOUCH_PATH:

(and since I'd forgotten about that, I didn't cancel the $LYNX_CFG).

With the external programs cancelled, the program uses an entirely
different path (which I might have noticed if I'd compared Lynx.trace's)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net