Re: [Lynx-dev] I can't log into certain web sites

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] I can't log into certain web sites
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:28:09 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, Keith BOWES wrote:

I'm loving Lynx, so fast and without all the images, Flash animations,
blinking text and flashing images, etc.  One problem, however is that I
can't log into some web sites in Lynx.  I have to launch another browser
like Firefox.  I can't figure it out from looking at the source code.
I've tried tweaking the HTML-parsing options, using the default
configuration, clearing cookies, etc., and it's always the same result.

One site I visit that displays this behavior is http://esperanto.com/.

perhaps the site relies on javascript (I see that in source-view,
e.g., by pressing "\").  Lynx doesn't interpret javascript.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net