Re: [Lynx-dev] monospace unicode fonts

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] monospace unicode fonts
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:08:10 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Larson, Timothy E. wrote:

I know this isn't the best forum for a font question, but I reasoned that someone having an answer may well be lurking here.

Are there any good, free, monospaced fonts with large Unicode ranges? Editing a wiki (for example) with Lynx is sometimes dangerous due to the character conversion. If I had a supporting font, maybe I could avoid having the input mangled. Any suggestions? Can I use TT fonts in a terminal app? What about Inconsolata, Liberation Mono, DejaVu Sans Mono, others???

Hmm, now I wonder if I'd have to explicitly set the terminal type to something supporting UTF, too. Maybe the current fonts are fine but my terminal is wrong.

no - there's nothing in the terminal description that relates to encoding.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net