Re: [Lynx-dev] Version Inqury

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Version Inqury
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 07:44:39 +0000

Johnson, Tracy wrote:

HP is willing to cut a copy for me if I can get 'permission' from the
author.

If it is a legal copy, it will come with a statement of that permission
and a file called Copying, which gives details of that permission, i.e.
the GPL licence text.

If it doesn't contain these and has been distributed outside of the
source organisation, it is in breach of the GPL terms.

In theory, each source file should contain a copyright statement
identifying the copyright owners for that file (for Lynx, the
contributors of copyrightable content).  In practice people tend to be a
bit lax in that respect.

[Wrong hyphenation of mailing list address at first attempt.]

--
David Woolley