RE: [Lynx-dev] Version Inqury

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] Version Inqury
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 04:10:29 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Johnson, Tracy wrote:

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Johnson, Tracy wrote:

Hello I just subscribed.

I'm trying to discover who wrote the lynx port to the MPE operating
system.

Any ideas?

HP has it on one remaining server and lists it as 'author unknown'.

I haven't seen that.  googling, I can see some mention of it
(www.robelle.com).  That would be before I started working on
it in 1997.
At that point, there was a top-level makefile with ~40 targets to
customize for various platforms.

None of those mentioned MPE (though there may have been other
names for
it).  For instance, there's some "snake" target which I never
was able to
identify.  Even for that, there's no author mentioned.

Where's the package?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net

The source is on one server that is off the grid at HP.

The package might have a README that tells who did the port (that's
not unusual).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net