Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem submitting forms in Unicode

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem submitting forms in Unicode
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:40:04 +0000 (UTC)

Lim Hayseng dixit:

>I’m trying to submit a form with Unicode characters. The characters are
>displayed ok in the form prior to submitting, but once I click submit, they
>are
>transmitted in “crippled” form. For example with the input string:

I had the same problem with a site once. (I think it still persists
there, though.) The cause was that the site only accepted latin1,
sent that out and Lynx (of course) honoured that.

So, nothing you can do.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
13:47⎜<tobiasu> if i were omnipotent, i would divide by zero
                all day long ;)