Re: [Lynx-dev] bug report in Lynx

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] bug report in Lynx
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:07:27 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Jurgen Gaeremyn wrote:

On 28-02-11 01:14, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Sun, 20 Feb 2011, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 10:19:18AM +0100, Jurgen Gaeremyn wrote:
Hello,

Using Ubuntu 10.10 64 bits, I recently installed lynx on my desktop for
text browsing. As this is a translated (Dutch) version, I bumped into an
awkward bug - don't know if it is already reported:

Upon visiting a website, there's often a cookie request, which can then
be allowed... The description is:

www.somewebsite.com koekje: =i Toestaan? J)a, N)ee, A)ltijd, V)-Nooit

This suggests pressing the "J" button will trigger approval to allow the
cookie. Yet, it does not respond to this pressed key. Instead, one needs
to press "Y" (from Yes).

It has been reported (see Debian #484250 for instance), but the last time
I checked on it (a couple of years ago), it seemed that I had fixed it in
upstream.

However, I may have overlooked something, or else there may be a
problem with
the package.  I'll take a look to see.

hmm - it works fine in Debian (both my build and the Debian packager).
Running "lynx -trace" shows just what is happening, by the way.

Ubuntu offers the additional issue that "dpkg-reconfigure locales"
is lobotomized.

Before I bypass that last issue - what locale are you using to access
the site?

Thanks for looking into this!
I'm pasting my locale info, and I also pasted the Lynx version info.

Best regards,
Jurgen.

address@hidden:~$ locale
LANG=nl_BE.utf8

Thanks - I thought it might not be de_DE.UTF-8 (which is what I tried),
but was unfamiliar with the possibilities.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net