Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx via specific network interface

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx via specific network interface
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 19:50:00 +0000

Pawel Chwalinski wrote:

Suppose we have 3 different interface installed on a computer, say, eth1,eth2 and eth3. Would it be possible to run lynx on any of them, given its name is specified with a starting-up command?

Probably, if you changed the source code to do this, but it is not a normal thing to do in an application program.

It would probably be much more useful if you told us what your top level objective was. Then we might be able to suggest solutions that don't break the layering between system and applications.

If you need to do this and can't achieve it by appropriate routing tables, you are trying to abuse the system in some way.

--
David Woolley