[Lynx-dev] Re: Are Cookies Working Correctly in Lynx 2.8?

From: Owen Leibman
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: Are Cookies Working Correctly in Lynx 2.8?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 23:54:58 -0800 (PST)

Resending this message. I have followed this mailing list since I sent it, and
rare indeed has been the message which has not received a reply. This message
would seem to be the exception. Perhaps I just sent it a bad time, or perhaps
it was because I erroneously specified 2.8 and 2.7 instead of 2.8.8 and 2.8.7.
At the time I wrote the message, the lynx version which seemed not to be
handling cookies correctly was 2.8.8dev.3. I just tried the newest version
2.8.8dev.8 (dated Jan. 10, 2011), and it handles cookies in the same manner as
2.8.8dev.3, i.e. it associates the cookie (incorrectly in my opinion) with a
specific file name rather than directory name. Version 2.8.7 handles cookies as
I expect it should (and as all other browsers which I've tested do),
associating the cookie with the directory name rather than a specific file name.