Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: Are Cookies Working Correctly in Lynx 2.8?

From: Owen Leibman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: Are Cookies Working Correctly in Lynx 2.8?
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 23:57:40 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for your replay.
I believe that the file location is not just 'more information' - it is
changing

the behavior.
I have set up a test using the 2 attached files - setcookie.php and
changecookie.php.
I have loaded them to domain www.dayenu.com directory cookietest.
To run the test, you need persistent cookies enabled.

1. lynx http://www.dayenu.com/cookietest/changecookie.php
2. Enter any value at all into the text form field.
3. Submit the form using the 'change cookie' button.
4. Follow the link to return to changecookie page; the cookie has apparently
been changed correctly.
5. Quit lynx.
6. Repeat step 1 - notice that the cookie value is NOT being displayed in the
text field.
Also notice that the cookie jar isn't empty - it still has the value you set
with step 3 clearly visible,
but, equally clearly, that value isn't being used.

If you repeat these steps with Lynx 2.8.7, step 6 works as expected - it shows
the

cookie value you set in step 3.
It also works as expected with all graphical browsers (e.g. Firefox) and other
text browsers (e.g. w3m).
It is only with Lynx 2.8.8 that it is not working correctly.