Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: Are Cookies Working Correctly in Lynx 2.8?

From: Owen Leibman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: Are Cookies Working Correctly in Lynx 2.8?
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 19:45:39 -0800 (PST)

I am finding the wording of your replies a bit ambiguous. If you are saying
that

other browsers behave like Lynx 2.8.8 (which is different than what I expect),
then you are getting very different results than I:
1. I have tested on Chrome 9 on Windows, and it works as I expected (go
to changecookie.php, submit the form to change the cookie value, close the
browser, return to changecookie.php - the changed value is displayed).
2. I do not have an iPhone, so can't confirm one way or another. However,
Safari
on Windows works as I expected.
3. The Lynx version which is working as I expected is 2.8.7rel.2 (21 June 2010)
on Linux. A port of Lynx2.8.5rel.1 on Windows does likewise.
4. Other Windows browsers I have tested are IE7/8/9 and Opera; all work as I
expected.
5. Other Linux graphical browsers I have tested are Konqueror and Arora; all
work as I expected.
6. Other Linux text browsers I have tested are elinks and w3m; all work as I
expected.

I hadn't mentioned it earlier, but I coded the cookie to expire in 1 hour.