[Lynx-dev] Re: MSMTP Help

From: LarryL
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: MSMTP Help
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:03:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:15:13, Ivan Shmakov wrote:

        I have no experience with W32 sendmail wrappers in general, or
        with the Lynx' one in particular, but my guess is that since
        there's a seemingly mature and dedicated project to build a
        simple to use, yet powerful and portable sendmail-to-SMTP
        solution [1], Lynx should definitely support it.

        (Apparently, it has a W32 build, too, available at [2].)

[1] http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/msmtp/files/msmtp/1.4.23/

Dear Ivan:

The Lynx browser's that I'm aware of began as both a 16-bit and 32-bit MS-DOS
internet TEXT browser.  It continues development, e.g.:

http://users.ohiohills.com/fmacall/

Here is a Hotlink to the 32-bit out-of-the-box version that I use to surf the
internet:

http://www.mninter.net/~pfourier/lynx_w32.zip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LYNX W32 SENDMAIL ARGUMENTS:

(E:\TMP\20430798.txt -t "address@hidden" -s "SUBJECT TEST"  -c "address@hidden,
address@hidden")

SUMMARY:

E:\TMP\20430798.txt                                         ;path to ASCII editor
(EDIT.COM) generated Email "body".
-t "address@hidden"                                    ;"mailto:"; TAG
-s "SUBJECT TEST"                                           ;"Subject"
-c "address@hidden, address@hidden"               ;"CC"

Please note that the msmtp w32 build you reference does not recognize these
arguments generated by the Lynx' one in particular:
-s (subject)
-c (CC)

Sincerely,
Larry

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110326-1, 03/26/2011
Tested on: 3/28/2011 3:03:34 PM